Monday, June 14, 2010

天気 (Weather)


As you might be able to tell, I've been working on my peace signs since arriving in Japan. I noticed that most of the girls here do it so I've been trying to fit in. Some of the girls here and I went shopping the other day and I got some Japanese clothes so hopefully I will fit in a little more.
Every day we have classes and then we have a group study session after classes with our buddies. Our buddies are Japanese students that we are paired up with to help us out whenever we need it. They help us all with our homework at these sessions and then we have a fun game to end the period with. Yesterday we taught all of the Japanese students "Duck, duck, goose!" which we played in the lawn in between the buildings. It was extremely funny to play because they were getting a kick out of it and it had rained the day before so the ground was a little slippery and everyone kept falling when running around the circle.
The weather has been pretty crazy the last couple of days here. Since we are on top of a hill, the clouds sometimes loom over the school. The day that we were supposed to go to Monkey Mountain- I opened my window and could barely see the ground that was 4 stories below. It is either really nice and hot here or it is cold and really foggy. This is the tower that we have to climb everyday to get from our dorms to the campus which is slightly higher up the hill.
This is a picture of my dorm hallway. I live on the 4th floor and almost all of the students on my floor are from an Asian country- most being from Japan. I've been working hard on my speaking skills which have already improved a lot since being here for only two weeks. I feel like when I was in America I would never practice my speaking skills and since I am forced to talk in class and with my friends here then I am progressively improving. I've actually met a lot of people even though I haven't been here for that long. Every time we go out, most of the students gather at the beach before going out to the bars so that is where we meet so many different people. I met a lot of people who are from a different American program that started a couple of weeks before ours did. I've also met a lot of Japanese students that live on the floor above me and on my floor as well.




The sunrise from my room and at the beach:



















2 comments:

  1. Hi Malia, It's uncle Jim, I think its pretty cool you're in Japan. Are they making any polish food over there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha no polish food here but there is some pretty great Japanese food that I'm excited to cook when I get home. You will have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete